Finally. It’s FINALLY less than 90 degrees in the southeast. Nothing says “fall” like cinnamon, am I right?
I don’t know about you, but I enjoy my morning (and afternoon) coffee with some sweetened coffee creamer. But we all know: things are just better homemade.
Making your own coffee creamer is just so easy. There are so many things you can do once you figure out a good base. I don’t like to rant too much, so I’ll get on with it. A couple of notes first, though.
- I did not want my creamer to have a syrup-like consistency. However, if you’d like a thicker coffee creamer, I recommend adding sweetened condensed milk and removing the white sugar.
- You can make this diet-compatible by using alternative sweeteners and/or almond milk. It’s literally melting some things in some milk and adding cream to it. The possibilities are endless.
- I like my coffee creamer sweet, but not too sweet. That being said, if you’d like a sweeter coffee creamer, add a bit more sugar!
Alright good beans, let’s jump right in.
DIY Cinnamon Bun Coffee Creamer
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (use dark brown sugar for a more authentic cinnamon bun flavor, but light will work fine)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the milk in a saucepan gently (a medium-low heat works fine). You aren’t aiming for scalding, just enough to melt the sugars and marry the flavors.
- Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla. Stir your mixture often as it heats.
- Once your sugars have dissolved, remove the mixture from heat, and stir in your cream.
- As a storing suggestion, check out these milk bottles. This recipe will yield about 24 fluid ounces. Be sure to give a gentle shake to disperse the cinnamon before use!
Give it a try! Make it your own! Try it in a chai tea latte!